Riverside Walk, Airton Mill, Airton, BD23 4AF
Airton Mill takes privacy very seriously. This notice explains how we use the personal information you provide to us if you have made a holiday booking, requested a quotation, register for our newsletter or otherwise and how we share it with third parties.
Information we collect
By visiting or using our web site, we may collect the following categories of personal information you provide to us; name, email address, postal address, telephone number (including your mobile phone number), billing information, survey responses, current and past holiday booking details, searches, sites pages visited, marketing responses, account settings, passwords, customer support and other requests you make through our web site, booking reviews.
We do not proactively collect personal information considered as sensitive personal information such as health-related information. However, our website includes text boxes that are designed for you to provide your choice of certain information about your holiday requirements. You should be aware that information you freely submit in these boxes could reveal to us certain information that may be considered as sensitive personal information under applicable law.
When you visit our web site or open communications (such as emails), some information is automatically collected from devices (e.g. mobile, computer, laptop, tablet) used to visit or use our web site including, but not limited to, operating system, access times, browser information (e.g. type, language, and history), settings, and other data about your device that we use to provide the services or as otherwise described in this notice.
Personal information and device information are collectively referred to as “your information“.
Our web sites are for persons 16 or older. As such, Airton Mill does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16. If you learn that your child has provided us with their information without your consent and he or she is under the age of 16, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us, as detailed below, so we may remove it from our systems.
How we use your information
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To administer and manage our relationship with you.
- To process holiday bookings requested by you.
- To deal with any enquiries we receive from you.
- For the handling of any complaint you may have with our property or service or we may have with you concerning the use of a holiday property.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules.
- To provide you with holiday rental details, information about our services and promotions.
- To notify of any changes in what we do.
- For the purposes of recovery of a debt in the case of non-payment.
In connection with these purposes, we may share your personal information with third parties that perform services on our behalf, such as business partners (including marketing agents, payment processors, cleaning teams and web site developers) and associate companies.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in other circumstances, in particular:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of business.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of Airton Mill, our team, our customers or others;
- In response to a government authority (including a regulator).
- If we buy or sell any business or assets in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective buyer or seller of such business or assets.
- We will never sell your personal information to any third party.
Our legal basis for these uses of your personal information may include that (a) it is necessary for our legitimate interests in operating our business and/or providing you with services; and/or (b) it is necessary for the performance of contracts to which you are a party with us.
Keeping in touch with you
From time to time we would also like to keep in touch with you, to provide you with details of promotions, activities or events taking place within the local vicinity. If you do not want to be contacted in this way, please contact us at email@example.com and we will immediately stop sending such items. All our promotional emails have an option to ‘Unsubscribe’ that will automatically stop such promotions with immediate effect.
Your rights in relation to your information.
You have various rights under data protection law regarding the processing of your personal information, including rights to:
- Request access to personal information we hold about you and details of our processing of you personal information.
- Request us to correct inaccurate personal information.
- Request us to delete personal information in certain circumstances.
- Receive your personal information in a format suitable for transmission to a third party.
- Object to and/or restrict the processing of your personal information (including profiling) on certain grounds.
- Object to the processing of your personal information for direct marketing.
- Object to any decision about you based about based solely on automated processing (including any profiling) that produces legal effects or otherwise significantly affects you.
- Lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office
You can make a request to us in relation to these rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any information to which you are entitled will be provided within a reasonable timeframe, subject to the exemptions stipulated in applicable data protection law.
Security of your information
Airton Mill takes commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical security measures designed to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted to our web site, it will be protected by cryptographic protocols. To be clear, Airton Mill does not itself store your credit or debit card account information, and we do not have direct control over or responsibility for your credit or debit card account information. We use third party payment processors that are the controllers of your credit card information. Our contracts with third parties that receive your credit or debit card account information require them to keep it secure and confidential.
Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your credit or debit card account information or your other information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by Airton Mill or our third-party service providers. Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited due to applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your user name, password, or other security information for your Airton Mill account with anyone. If we receive instructions using your user name and password, we will consider that you have authorized the instructions. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please contact us immediately as detailed below.
How long we retain your information
We will not keep your personal information longer than is necessary, taking into account information needed for legal purposes and limitation periods.
How to contact us
If you have any queries about how we use your personal information you can contact us at any time via email at email@example.com or call us on 0113 4142782.